วันจันทร์ที่ 18 พฤษภาคม พ.ศ. 2552

What does Social Services allow adoptive parents to do to their kids?

This is a question I have always wanted to ask because i was abused as a child. My Mom would tell me that Social Services says they are allowed to take belts to their children. My mother though, would use the metal side of the belt, wooden spoons, metal hangers, plastic hangers, an any other things she could think of. I'm 20 years old, and this still affects me and my Mom denies any of it. So, legally what are they allowed to do?


I believe it is illegal to strike your child with any "object" and in any way that leaves a mark.

I'm sorry that you were treated this way. I hope that you realize that it was wrong and in no way your fault. I recommend talking with a professional counselor about what your mother did to you - to help you heal from the pain she caused and to ensure that you don't make any of the same mistakes with your future children. Also, dealing with this issue now will help you with you relationships - abused children often marry abusers as adults!!

in my state (ny) you may spank your child, not hitting them with any objects, or hitting them in the head. You may not use derogatory, insulting, or demeaning words against them. Children should not be abused, they are just little people. You parents are ignorant and it's nice they conveniently "forgot" how they abused you. Tell them where to go and how to get there. Make her remember, force her to remember, Let your mom feel the guilt.

now i believe in spanking every now and then but freakin belts and wooden spoons D: dats just wrong i say sue your mum for neglect abuse and mental distress

of course mum denies it :P she doesnt want anyone to know and shell probably act all sweet in court "why would i beat my own flesh and blood?" -_- if u have any witnesses at all bring them with you doesnt matter if its a sibling, maybe a friend who heard u say dont hit me! or something D:

No, they are NOT allowed to abuse children any more than natural parents are allowed to. Had your mother been reported, she would have faced abuse charges the same as any other parent. Being an adoptive parent or foster parent does not give you a license to abuse a child PERIOD.

That obviously is not right for her just to hit you with whatever she could find, this would not have been acceptable to SS... At least I wouldn't think so...

well im shore that you ain't that silly no one i allowed to do tat o there child now are they

well i don't know legally but the way i feel as a mom i think spanking should only be as a last resort, i think a lot of parents spank out of losing there tempers, me i have 3 kids,

and its either a swat on the hand, because they was trying to put something in a plug in, or a swat on the butt, with my hand nothing like that, and i spanked my son a total of 3 times and he is 9 now.he was around 5 and i did it because he had a habit of pushing a kitchen chair over to the sink and trying to get the knifes off the shelf, and i would rather spank him and he KNOW that's a no no instead of him falling on one,

but other than that its time out or stand in the corner,

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น