วันจันทร์ที่ 18 พฤษภาคม พ.ศ. 2552

Were you spanked when you were little?

If so, describe your experience. Which parent spank you? What did your parents use to spank you with?? Do you agree with it, or disagree with it?? Did it teach you a leason.

I was spanked by spoons, belts, hanger, and hands, I turned out fine!

As anyone's parents hit you so hard, it made you pause, and you couldn't cry or sit down.-thats a true whoppin!!

Is it me, or are the kid's these day's are spoiled rotton? I wish more people will spank there kid's every once in awhile, so they can behave themselves!


Yeah the kind where you do the "silent" cry. Maybe the wind got knocked out of us I don't know. But contrary to popular belief its not like living in an abusive home. My parents loved me, still do, I had a happy childhood, and if I got spanked like that I deserved it. Only with belts though. I can't remember spoons or hangers. I don't get that I'm not gonna spank my kid stuff. If you don't want to use a belt fine, then use your hand. But all of that acting up and throwing tantrums is not the business. Keep the little monsters in line.

I honestly can say I was never spanked,or grabbed by the arm ect...I was adopted and i had 2 older sisters. I remember very vividly them getting the arm sqeeze,or hit on the bottom.

Now I would get grounded,but after a couple hours they would get sick of me so they told me to leave.

I was smacked on the back of the legs and turned out fine. I however will not do the same with my boy. I will smack him only on the hand and find that removing toys and TV is far more affective. My dad once smacked me so hard his handprint was left on my leg and I resented him for ages. He was also in tears when he saw my leg all bruised. I feel that hitting with belts etc to children is wrong. You cant go round belting adults so why do it to children? I find that a smack in the right situation is affective to children its finding the right balance.

Yes. Both parents. Anything which was handy. Last time was when I was 16, by my dad, with the belt.

It wasn't a good plan.

Only spanked - lightly on butt only - our child when it was a dangerous situation.

Spank was not in my father vocabulary, beaten was more like it and because of it, I went totally the opposite when I had my children and used other means of punishment such as, No TV , No playing after school, no birthday party if one was one, send them to their room, or no pocket money for the week.

Yes, I was spanked quite often as a child. Both parents spanked me but they had a different approach.

Dad spanked hard and fast, with his hand when I was little but a leather belt when I got older.

Mom did not spank as hard but believed in long (and I do mean long) spankings, usually followed by corner time.

Yes, I agree that spanking has fallen out of favor and it is unfortunate.

Yes, I was spanked when little...well, all the way up until I was about 13 or 14. My dad would spank us bare-butt with his belt (buckle and all) and his hand. We couldnt sit down after that for a long time, hes a big guy. My mom would spank us with the fly swatter, her shoe, hand, whatever she had. We would make her chase us and it didnt really hurt from her. But boy, did my dad leave a mark! Im sorry, but it never taught me anything except to hate my dad and that it was ok to hit. I have 2 boys and 1 on the way. I dont spank my children, nor do I need to. They respect me because I discipline them by talking too them and making them understand what they did was wrong and why. They are great kids and never talk back or do anything that would hurt me or others in any way. I think kids today DO get spoiled rotten, but only because their parents arent consistent and let them walk all over them. There are other ways to raise a well behaved and respected child other than hitting them.

yes i got spanked as a child..deserved them all. and it never turned me to be violent ive never just wanted to go out and punch someone because i got spanked as a child. I do not need therapy. It did not scar me emotionally. I see that arguement so much when people are against spanking. My dad would always pull me in his room..give me the "make you feel an inch tall" lecture then spank my butt. It was never done in anger. I respect my dad very much today. He is a very fair man. When my kids were younger they got spankings and if they done something today that needed one i would do it but their getting to the age now where their more worried about a social life and so now i can take away those priviledges :)

i do think alot of kids today are spoiled rotten. Im sure there are many reasons why this is but i know as for my children if i made them come sit down for 5 minutes they would not get the point.

yes I was spanked mostly by my father... we lived with him my sister and I ..our parents divorced when I was 2. when I was little his spankings where given as needed and I knew I would get one if I misbehavied and most times that kept me in order. he normally used just his hand and he'd be bent over his lap for the serious ones, others where just a quick swats on ourbums if we where out.

when I got a little older he became abusive... once hitting me in the ear. I couldn't hear for 2 days. once hitting me and pushing me into a table, I fell onto the floor and he kicked me in the back. I can't say that I wasn't misbehaving at these times but I do feel he handled it the wrong way.

as for my mom I only recieved two spankings from her, she's a women that when she talks you'd better listen (not all parents are like that) she said by the time I was 12 months all she had to do was look at me and I'd know I was doing wrong.

my first spanking from her came after I broke a valuable keep sake she had told me not to touch I was 3 I still remember that day and the other spanking was after I cussed out my step father ( i don't like him, but I do respect him now!) I was 16.

spankings are not harmful and yes I get sick of the brats that are running around that have never had one in their lives, my son is 4 , he has had a few in his life... i don't believe they should be a part of the everyday disapline but they do have their place!

children naturally want to please the parents and if you let them know you are proud of their actions they will contiue to do good. or that your not happy with their actions they will try to comply , but sometimes you have to show or tell them ways to act better , they simply do not know... spankings in that since should not substatute for teaching.

i agree it is pathetic how powerless we are to discipline our children. smacking is a thing of the past since the children act was updated in 2004 to say that abuse covers any act which causes marking or bruising of the skin - aint no way id smack my son because if it did mark, it doesnt bear thinking about.

so. we take away parents right to discipline, but a 10-16year old can terrorise older people and even inflict harm or kill with no sentence at all just a little tag on the ankle that can easily be tampered with and taken off. whats that compared to what the ASBO generation are doing to the world?

i would rather, if it was my choice (alarm bells of george orwells 1984 here), my son to have a smack for bad things while he is young than to grow up into another drugged up state like we see prancing around our streets today (all the "gangster boys" in their hoodies and gold bling, all the teenage slappers in their minies and panda eyes with a huge thong hanging out and so much orange they look like they're gonna peel, and all the other muppets ho hang with them cos its "cool".).

my son wont ever be smacked or disciplined like i was (hands only and flying objects from my stepdad). but if hes like these yobs when he turns 16, he'll have the biggest slap ever as a wake up call because i wont allow him to turn out like my brother (a drugged up smackhead thief who is so smashed on heroin he doesnt recognise me (im glad) and thats AFTER 7goes at rehab, 4blockers, living with 6different members of the family and stealing from them, and god knows how much other trouble - my house got raided when i was a kid cos of that pr*ck.

i wont let this happen to mine. no way.

Yes I was spanked, by aggravated adults out of frustration/anger, just as I see my friends do these days. There was no "talk" afterward, just as I do not see these days, although most here claim they do.

Kids are spoiled today, but it's NOT because they're not spanked. It's because they're not disciplined and/or punished AT ALL, IN ANY WAY. You cannot be a parent and a 'friend' at the same time - our generation has lost it's way.

My kid is not spanked, but is punished when needed, and is a very good kid. Don't judge all by the actions of some.

Yes I was spanked by both my mom and dad mostly my mother. She would chase me down and beat me lol. Not really beat me, but she did chase me down. They usually used their hand or whatever they could find at the moment. My step-grandmother used to make us pick switches and if we came back with a really small one we got spanked twice as hard. I will spank my child, but I will not degrade her and make her pull her pants down or pick switches. I will explain to her what she is doing wrong, and if after that she continues wrong doing, I will spank her and explain again why she got a spanking.

I totally disagree when people say that it is wrong to spank your children.

A smack on the hand or on the bottom never hurt anyone.

My mum always had a RED plastic spoon & that is what we got smacked with -

& we still have it to this day & yes I will spank my child with it when he does something naughty.

The main thing I remember getting smacked for was lighting the carpet in our loungeroom on fire & also getting caught playing with matches..

I learnt my lesson.

Alot of kids are very spoiled these days, they are rude & ignorant.

There is no where near as much disapline around these days that there was when I was a kid - Born in 1987.

.Yes, nothing too full on, but i think nowadays its frowned upon by the do-gooders. It didnt do us any harm and we are better adjusted than the younger generation of today. eg kids at school in Australia cant recieve an F or fail in school because it might afect their self esteem (or some BS like that).

I was spanked with hands, belts, and spoons and I turned out fine. I think this whole time out thing, and just letting the kids express themselves is spoiling our kids and destroying our land. Kids don't know how to behave anymore, and this whole hippie BS needs to go back where it came from. Let parents discipline thier kids. Even though I must say there is a fine line between discipline and abuse and some parents don't know where to stop.

I got spanked just by the hand no objects were required i was never that bad;-) i turned out well and was always well behaved as a child , i dont know if the two are related or if a parent willing to spank is already better at disciplining a child which is necessary and not done enough these days

my mam did slap me across the face once because she couldnt reach my ****, we were both really shocked and she apologised , so i know she didnt like doing it but sometimes its necessary

Yes,by my father's hand over his knee.I turned out fine also.The parents who don't have to do this are lucky or have a nanny.If more kids today were disciplined like this there would be less trouble.

Severally, and that gave me the maternal love I still enjoy from my loving mum up till now.I encourage mothers to give constuctive gentle spanking on their children.

Yes I was, very much (and well deserving). With a belt, hairbrush, spoon, hand, and there are probably more.

I agree with you 100% people should spank their kids so they don't act like bratts.

I was spanked when I was little and I am a better person for it.

I use to have to go out and cut my own switch from the tree (that was the worst part) or I would get it with the belt or medal handle of the fly swatter!

I have a 4 month old and will do the same if she needs it.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น